I just spent a week on vacation with most of my closest friends, so this week’s overview of life’s awesome things is pretty easy.
- Kentucky joins my list of states I’ve visited (too tired to count, but I think I’m over 30 by now).
- There’s a gift shop in the Detroit airport that sells Tim Horton’s coffee. That’s extremely exciting for me and my husband.
- Riding a mechanical bull – and staying on more than a minute. And I didn’t have to use both hands or lie down on the bull to stay on. Yay me! This bull operator was significantly nicer than at the first place I tried it (where I lasted maybe 8 seconds), but still, I did well.
- A friend brought me Canadian candy bars!! I have the best friends in the world.
- Five days of playing board games. Five days. Hundreds of games. Throw in a few books and some Timbits, and I’m in heaven.
- We went to a bourbon tasting, where I discovered that, although I don’t really like bourbon, I can drink it. (Turns out, I like it much better neat than on the rocks.) I also learned horrifying facts about rotgut that I’m determined to work into a manuscript someday.
- Another excellent friend took very good care of the kitties while we were gone. I’m not sure they missed us at all. They seemed a bit disappointed that they’re stuck with us now.
What awesome things do you do last week?