It occurs to me that some people may think Being Awesome is about bragging. That’s really not it at all. I’m not saying “Gee, my life is so fantastic, look at me and be jealous.” Life is hard. For every awesome thing that happens in a week, at least three non-awesome things happen. But that just makes it more important to remember the good. So, here we go.
- Earlier in the year, I mentioned that there was a workout thing that I was determined to learn in 2015. Last Wednesday night, I did it! My form may not be perfect yet, but this is something I’ve been struggling with for many months now (and something I’ve wanted to learn to do for over a year), so I’m taking a moment to be proud of myself. I feel like Superwoman.
- Brenda Drake asked me to be an adult mentor in this year’s PitchWars competition, and I’ve ecstatically accepted. More information coming when it gets a bit closer.
- Draft 1 of my most recent work in progress is in the books! There’s a LOT of editing to be done, but I’m making progress, and that’s what’s most important. Some day, I hope to be able to announce that I’ve thought up a title….
- My NestPitch team wound up with most of my favorite entries (alas, we lost a couple, but they’re in good hands with other teams). This means I get to read some awesome stuff and help make it better.
- My husband really is the most amazing, wonderful man in the world. I’m very lucky to have someone that supports me through everything, and who swears up and down that my buffalo chicken mac ‘n cheese is the most delicious thing in the world.
- Yesterday, I discovered a local ice cream flavor with graham crackers and caramel. It’s ridiculously good.
- I’ve got an idea for a new MS that could be really great. I’m exciting to flesh it out and start working on it.