|I’m excited to be part of the blog tour for SINGLE MALT by the amazing Layla Rayne. I was fortunate enough to get to read an advance copy of the book, and I’ve known Layla for years. I was so excited when I’d heard that agents Irish and Whiskey were going to have a three book series.|
- The book is well-written and fast paced. The romance builds slowly, but in a believable manner considering the characters’ pasts and the fact that they work together.
- The characters weren’t solving a murder. I feel like so many thrillers and romantic suspenses are about murder. Don’t get me wrong, that’s great–but at the same time, it was a bit refreshing to read something a bit different once in a while.
- The characters are well-rounded. They have interests and hobbies and lives and families outside of their jobs.
- Nearly all of the romantic suspense I’ve read has been the male main character protecting the female main character from danger (whether she wanted him to or not). I like that both main characters here are capable of taking care of themselves. It was a refreshing change.
- Personally, I could’ve used a little more kissing, but that’s just because I hated having to wait to see these two get together. 🙂
- I also would have liked the book to have been a bit longer, because then there would’ve been room for more kissing scenes. Did I mention that I like the kissing?
Follow the Release Celebration on February 27th – March 10th! Ten (10) grand prize winners will receive an Agents Irish & Whiskey Gift Set!
Coming May 1, 2017 – CASK STRENGTH (Agents Irish & Whiskey): Professionally, the FBI team of Aidan “Irish” Talley and Jameson “Whiskey” Walker is as good as it gets, closing cases faster than any team at the Bureau. Personally, it’s a different story. Aidan’s feelings for Jamie scare the hell out of him: he won’t risk losing another love no matter how heart-tripping the intimacy between them. And loss is a grim reality with the terrorist Renaud still on their trail, leaving a pile of bodies in his wake. Going undercover on a new case gets them out of town and off the killer’s radar. They’re assigned to investigate an identity theft ring involving a college basketball team in Jamie’s home state, where Jamie’s past makes him perfect for the role of coach. But returning to the court brings more than old memories. As secrets and shocking betrayals abound, none may be more dangerous than the one Jamie’s been keeping: a secret about the death of Aidan’s husband that could blow his partner’s world apart and destroy forever the fragile bonds of trust and love building between them.
About Layla Reyne: