November was a crazy month. I bought a house, finished edits on a MS, sent it to my agent, prayed she wouldn’t hate it, finished a first draft of something new, cheered my friends and CPs on during PitchWars, moved, worked about 75 hours a week, discovered Gilmore Girls on Netflix, negotiated concessions and contracts, learned more than I ever needed to know about washer/dryer shopping, and…. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
|Please don’t ask me to move for at least three months.|
So, December? At least for a couple of days, I’m taking a break (other than unpacking).
- I’m not editing my finished first draft. I prefer to let it sit anyway, and it’s only been about a week. It can sit longer – a month is best. I rarely make it that long.
- I’m not pushing myself to start writing something new. The well is dry. Exhaustion saps creativity. Don’t expect me to write anything more taxing than a blog post anytime soon.
- I’m not decorating for Christmas (yet). It’s not that important.
- I’m not buying Christmas presents or making plans for the holidays (yet). It can wait a day or two while I collect myself.
- I’m not obsessively checking my email for news.